The chill has set in and it’s officially cold outside! It’s been rainy and cloudy and my cozy bed won’t let me out in the morning. What does that mean? It means we need to whip up those body warming recipes. Turkey and white bean chili is the way to go! It’s creamy, it’s warm, it’s spicy and delicious! What more could you ask for in a wintry white dish!
Turkey and White Bean Chili Recipe
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 16 oz Ground Turkey
- 2 cans of Cannellini beans
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 oz fresh rosemary
- 1/2 oz fresh oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbs Cumin
- 1 Tbs Cayenne
- 2 Tbs Smoked Paprika
- 2 Yellow Onions chopped
- 4 Packets of Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 6 Tbs Cornmeal
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Sour Cream (optional)
- 1 avocado (optional)
- After peeling and stripping herbs from stems, dice the onion, rosemary, and oregano and mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the onion for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, oregano, and rosemary for 1 minute, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey to the pot and break it into pieces while browning and cooking it through.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add the cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne (the more cayenne you add, the spicier it will be!) heat for 30 more seconds.
- Add 3 cups of water and the stock concentrate packets to the pot and stir. Bring to a boil and add cornmeal and beans.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes until it’s a thicker consistency.
- Add avocado and sour cream as toppings to each bowl, if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe is originally from the Hello Fresh Meal Box.
Click here to see where else this post may be featured!