Look closely at that top muffin in the yellow wrapper, you see a heart shaped walnut hidden in there? That’s because these muffins are love. When you’re trying to lessen your sugar intake (because I ate SO much sugar) you miss all those sweet treats. These are the perfect alternative! I had to add a little bit of chocolate, because this chick needs chocolate. Ya feel me?
These banana oat muffins are full of goods, from vanilla greek yogurt to walnuts, they’re packed with flavor! What do ya think? Are you going to give it a go? Let me know!
Banana Oat Muffins Recipe
Serving: Makes 12 regular sized muffins
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups rolled quick oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, broken up a bit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin tin and muffin liners with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and walnuts until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, filling each cavity until it is about 1/2 full adding a few chocolate chips and walnuts into each cavity and then putting the remaining mix on top and topping off with the remainder of the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.